Saturday, June 13, 2009

The View from Our Porch...


We have been stalking these hummingbirds for days. I didn't realize how hard it would be to photograph a hummingbird. I literally had to sit on the ground for about an hour and watch for these precious little creatures.

This one was a beautiful green. So green that it was very difficult to see in this photo - it blends in with the trees.


This little guy was red. He was beautiful. I loved watching him. Brandon refilled the feeder and was carrying it back to the tree. This little guy had no problem drinking from that feeder while Brandon was holding it!

They are definitely fascinating creatures. The are very fast too!!!



Believe it or not, I had to snap 74 photos to get a few good clear ones. My plan is to strategically place feeders around the yard to attract them. I would also like to research plants that attract these fascinating little guys.

After he would finish - he would perch on this limb. I love this photo. For some reason I feel that he looks "dignified".

Here is the beautiful sunsetting. I just love our yard - I could literally find something new to photograph each day.


All the sudden, this girl showed up. I just happened to be sitting down on the deck and she was in perfect range for me to get a few pics. She was very alert - very careful of every move that she made. I left the porch to wait for her to move toward me but her senses were much better than mine. Needless to say, she didn't hang out long!

No comments:

Post a Comment