Monday, August 18, 2008

My big scare...

For the past few months, I've been counting on the fact that my moms bff would be taking care of Sam when I had to go back to work. Naturally, this gave me a lot of comfort just knowing that he wouldn't have to stay with strangers. This past Friday; my mom called to tell me that "Donna didn't know if she would be able to keep Sam". This DEVASTATED ME. I cried all weekend every time I even "thought" about taking him to a daycare full of strangers. Brandon tried so hard to provide comfort by saying things like, "people do it everyday" or "its not like we're taking him to some random persons house"... Well, I'm not those people and in my opinion... we may as well be leaving him at some random persons house as those places are state regulated but the state can't be in there all the time and to be quite honest, I feel like the state has failed so many children. I just think about the situation that happened at Kiddie Kampus (Drew's old daycare) right before my mom quit and I yanked Drew out of there! Thankfully, my mom did work there so I knew the truth!

So today, I called about 25 daycare facilities all of which were full. Tearfully, I would call and ask about openings and rates. It just felt like some were so outrageously expensive and the ones that I could afford were cheap for a reason. I called Sherri and cried to her that I didn't know what I was going to do and ranted about how things were going so well for me and that now I was on the verge of a freaking nervous breakdown. All of the sudden, a light bulb went off in my head!! Lisa Withrow babysits from her home! This is my aunt (my dads sister in law) who babysits for one of my cousins already! I called her... SHE SAID "YES"!!!

Now, my day is much better! My son is being cared for by family... Although its not the same; its the closest thing to being with me and that makes me happy!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you got it worked out. I'm sorry that the situation you had arranged didn't work out though. I'm so glad for you that he will be with family.

    ReplyDelete