Saturday, September 6, 2008

The "second" time around...


Omigosh... The second child is so much different than the first. Poor Drew was rushed - I admit it. He was off the breast waaaayyy early, I ditched the bottle at 14 months, he was potty trained at exactly 2 years old (regressed and then trained for good at 25.5 months) and now we are left with only one of his "baby" needs----- THE PACIFIER. There must be some repressed guilt within me that won't let me take it from him. I've tried and to my regret, we've actually made it for DAYS AND DAYS without it. He doesn't even take it at daycare for his nap so why do I do this? I was so anxious to rid him of everything that made him a "baby" and now I cling to his paci to remind me that he is still young. I really need to talk to myself because he is too old for his paci. Luckily he doesn't have front teeth anymore!

My point is - Sammy will not be rushed but I haven't been as quick to stick the paci in his mouth this time either....

No comments:

Post a Comment