Sunday, November 22, 2009

A little help from my friends....



This beauty belonged to my dear mamaw. My aunt Judy was gracious enough to let me have it. Well, its been in my possession for months and I just got around to getting it out. It makes me kinda sad because I wish that I would have asked my mamaw how to use it...

Brandon's aunt Deena came down to show me how to thread it. It wasn't as hard as I had anticipated but now I'm struggling with the tension. Does anyone have any suggestions? I really want to create something great!

4 comments:

  1. Hey this is Julie from dreamingofbeaches! Thanks so much for checking out my blog. I've had a lot of interest for doing the project blog with people in my neighborhood, so I think we will keep it simple and with people from around here so we can colloborate easier. We've come with www.gluegunsandspatulas.blogspot.com as the web address and would love it if you checked it out. If you start your own, leave me a comment and I would love to see your ideas. Thanks-Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trial and error, my dear. Trial and error. Find a couple scraps or ugly patterned fabric and try sewing them together with various thread types and stitch lengths. Incrementally dial up your tension until it looks right. If that doesn't work, it could be that time has shifted everything out of alignment and it needs a tune-up.

    It definitely is a beaut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun playing around and show what you end up making!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I nominated you for a blog award last week, and then forgot to tell you. You're a gorgeous blogger, darling!

    ReplyDelete